Thank you for your interest in Worship in Pink 2012! (formerly Pink Sunday)
Registered organizations may click here for area distribution details.
PLEASE NOTE: New location for Charleston area Worship in Pink materials pick up on Fri., Oct. 19th
9 a.m.- 6 p.m.
Lowcountry Race for the Cure/Family Circle Tennis Center
161 Seven Farms Dr., Daniel Island, SC 29492
Materials will be at the I Am the Cure tent.
Look for the giant Lowcountry Race for the Cure banner!
The Worship in Pink Toolkit (located at the bottom of this page) includes all materials. Please feel free to make additional copies.
Worship in Pink will be held on Oct. 27th & 28th in churches, synagogues and organizations throughout the Lowcountry. This is an educational event to be held within your congregation or organization.
There are several things you will need for a successful event. In addition to the educational materials, our Worship in Pink Toolkit includes a letter to participating partners, ideas for your event, suggestions for pastors and health ministers, and Commitment Challenge forms.
1) Worship in Pink Ideas- This is a list of Worship in Pink event ideas. You do not have to do them, they are only suggestions. Remember that the more involved the church, the greater the impact. Putting materials at the back of the church or synagogue and hoping that people pick them up is not usually successful.
2) Commitment Challenge- Print this and have the congregation sign it promising to get screened according to recommended guidelines. Women over 20 years old should have a clinical breast exam every 3 years and women over 40 should have a mammogram every year. These guidelines are for women at average risk. Women at higher risk should discuss appropriate screening with their doctors.
3) Commitment Challenge Cover Sheet- This sheet should be completed and attached to the top of all the Commitment Challenge sheets. All participating organizations will receive a Promise Certificate.
4) Letter to Worship in Pink partcipant - This is fact sheet about breast cancer can be used by pastors, rabbis, health ministers, or anyone else speaking at your event. It addresses disparities and underscores how important early detection is.
5) If you need additional education materials, please download and print them. They are all available in the Worship in Pink Toolkit and there is no limit to how many you can use.
6) Donations may be made to Komen Lowcountry. Unfortunately, the materials are not free for us. Although we do not charge for the materials, we greatly appreciate the financial support of the community to keep our mission programs strong. Please note on the donations that it is for Worship in Pink and mail them to:
Susan G Komen- Lowcountry
9300 Medical Plaza Dr., Suite F
North Charleston, SC 29406
We would love to post pictures of your event on our website! Please send them to email@example.com. Please take time to label them so we can post which church they were taken, as well as the names of the people in the pictures. Please limit it to 3 pictures per church. You must have permission from anyone in the photos to use them.
Worship in Pink TOOLKIT:
|Letter to Worship in Pink participants||Commitment Challenge Cover Sheet|
|Commitment Challenge||Fast Facts about Breast Cancer|
|Worship in Pink ideas!||When you discover a lump - English|
|Breast Self Awareness Card||When you discover a lump - Spanish|
|Breast Health Resources||Mammography Card - Spanish|
|Mammography Card - English||Men Can Get Breast Cancer - Spanish|
|Men Can Get Breast Cancer - English||Clinical Trial Facts|
|Worship in Pink bulletin insert|
The Lowcountry Affiliate serves the following counties: Allendale, Bamberg, Barnwell, Beaufort, Berkeley, Calhoun, Charleston, Colleton, Dorchester, Florence, Georgetown, Hampton, Horry, Jasper, Marion, Orangeburg, and Williamsburg.
Premier Media Sponsor:
Charleston Marriott • Tbonz Restaurant Group • TD Bank